Saturday 6 August 2011

Latitude festival 2011


I've never  been to Latitude festival before... infact this year is the first time  I've even heard of it! There  was some great acts at Latitude year, and I pretty much managed to get  to see all the bands I wanted apart to from a few (I blame the  temperamental rain showers and the general impossibility of being in several places at once ) 

The National, Bright Eyes, Katy Tunstall,  Isobell Campbell and Mark Lanegan, The Vaccines, Paolo Nutini, Seasick  Steve, I am Kloot, Iron & Wine, Eels, James Vincent McMorrow, Everything Everything etc. 



The irrational rain downpours did drive us (and pretty much the whole of latitude - it was rammed!) into the Comedy tent - which actually turned out to be worthwhile! We managed to see some great acts. Not being much of a comedy fan myself, I'm not very aware of the more obscure comedians so it was a great opportunity to open my eyes to new acts! I was really impressed with Doc Brown with his hilarious mix of comedy/rap! Then there were the more well known acts like Alan Car and Dylan Moran. Funny stuff!


There  was literally so much going on with various music stages, comedyliterary and poetry, I really would have liked to maybe check out more  of the unsigned acts... but hey, the time nor weather were on our side! Had an amazing time, despite the weather, saw some great bands and met some lovely people. I'd definitely recommend it if you're prepared for the mooch of a journey to Suffolk!

No comments:

Post a Comment